City Manager (m/f/x), Paris - LifeX
LifeX is a rapidly-growing startup that is making it easier for people to relocate and settle into a new city.
We take away the stress and uncertainty of moving somewhere new, and build communities that connect people from every corner of the world.
To do this we provide:
- Flexible, fully serviced co-living apartments, centred around Scandinavian design
- Social events and connections across an inclusive community of expats and locals alike
- Relocation services like work permit/visa processing, CPR registration, bank account set-up and everything in between.
In one short year, we have grown to over twenty apartments in the centres of Copenhagen and Berlin with over 100 active members. With early investment from Cherry.vc, Founders and stellar angel investors, we are planning to scale rapidly to take over Europe.
We are ready now to launch in Paris - which means we need you.
As a City Manager, you will be responsible for LifeX’s growth and brand in Paris. This includes building relationships with companies using LifeX for relocation, P&L responsibilities and building a team. Essentially, your mindset should be of that of a mini CEO. You are responsible for how LifeX is viewed by our partners and customers.
Sound like you? Great, keep reading:
- Influencing and executing on the LifeX vision while expanding in Paris
- The P&L and growing the bottom line in Paris
- Generating demand for LifeX in Paris by developing partnerships with local and multinational companies
- Building and overseeing a Paris team with the Expansion Manager that
- Creates and manages a community of LifeX members in Paris
- Develops and provides relocation services with support from the core product team
- Forms real estate relationship and signs contracts
- Sets up and maintains apartments
What you’ll do:
- Be primary advocate and promoter of the company in Paris
- Generate demand for LifeX in Paris by building relationships with Parisian and multinational companies
- Run Sales and Marketing for the country, including hosting local events with help from operations
- Create and run events to bring together members from all over the world
- Form and manage the team in Paris, guiding their individual workstreams
As the right candidate, you:
- Have 5+ years of work experience running company operations or equivalent
- Have proven track record in similar management role
- Understand the problem LifeX is solving, for members and employees and real estate companies
- Speak and write French and English fluently
- Are comfortable juggling different tasks and responsibilities
- Are social and proactive; you enjoy organising events and helping others have fun
- Care about looking after people
- Are a people-person, who doesn't mind a lot of interaction and communication
- Are open and sensitive to different cultures
- Thrive on independence and responsibility
- Can (and like to) wear different hats when the situation calls for it
- Enjoy building personal connections and meeting potential partners
What makes you a superstar:
- Network of contacts across different businesses and their HR departments
- Startup experience
- Join an ambitious startup, solving real life issues (in its validated, rapid-growth phase)
- International team working across three countries, and growing
- Personal and professional growth as you progress in the role