Head of Venture Platform & Communications
Cherry Ventures is looking for a Head of Venture Platform & Communications (non-investing) embedded within the European entrepreneurial community to accelerate the success of our entrepreneurs, and to foster the ecosystem at large. We need a thought leader who can constantly create better ways for us to add value to our portfolio.
You will spearhead community-building & outreach, facilitate information sharing between Cherry Ventures portfolio companies and help promote our firm. This is an incredible role if you love to work with entrepreneurs and early-stage startups to connect, provide resources, enable community exchange and accelerate internal and external branding.
Where the role has an impact:
Community & Network
- Drive growth of our platform through building relationships within the community
- Stay on top of best practices to ultimately drive the sustainability, success, and happiness of our founder
- Facilitate peer groups exchange
- Develop recurring practices to frequently engage with portfolio companies
- Engage and support our portfolio companies through leading the infrastructure and processes of (CEO)summits, annual meetings (Portfolio Day), founders network events, workshops etc.
- Conceptualize, plan and execute community-building events from sector-focused dinners to broader events
- Plan team’s involvement at broader tech and industry events across the ecosystem
Marketing and Comms
- Create, execute and measure Cherry’s external branding and content strategy, including effective traditional and social media strategy and broader targeted outreach (including writing and managing multiple social media presences)
- Develop internal PR, marketing, and branding efforts within our network and across the industry
- Drive creation of Cherry thought leadership content
- Strategize new project initiatives based on top-level firm goals, set priorities, and manage operational completion.
- Create and curate a curriculum of lessons learned and best practices for our founders, across all aspects of building innovative companies
- Head CRM /Systems and vendors
- At least 2–4 years of experience in and around startups, especially in a product, business development, or marketing role
- You love to network. “Connector” is your middle name.
- You figure stuff out and can work independently. It will be up to you to take top-level goals, translate them into a tangible workstream, and then execute effectively.
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude.
- You are passionate about building great companies and helping entrepreneurs win.
- Organized with keen attention to detail
- Multitasker who can manage and drive competing priorities